Terms & Conditions
This is a promotional recognition program.
No purchase is necessary to nominate a Safety Icon or to be recognized as a Safety Icon.
1. Eligibility. The 2018 Safety Icon nomination process is open to nominators and nominees who are at least 18 years of age as of January 1, 2018. Employees or contractors of Behavioral Science Technology, Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries (referred to herein collectively as “DEKRA Insight”), as well as citizens of ineligible countries, are not eligible to nominate or be nominated or recognized as a Safety Icon. An “ineligible country” means any country in which U.S. companies are prohibited to engage in business by OFAC or where the Safety Icon program or these terms and conditions are prohibited by law or regulation.
2. Nomination Period. The nomination period opens on September 22nd, 2017 and closes on December 15th, 2017 at 11:59PM CST. Nominations must be received by 11:59PM CST on December 15th, 2017 to be eligible for consideration. Future nomination periods will be announced at a later date.
3. How to Nominate. To nominate yourself or someone else as a Safety Icon, go to www.safetyinaction.com/awards/nomination-form and complete all required elements of the submission form. Nominations must be submitted online.
4. Selection. When the nomination period closes, a panel of judges selected by DEKRA Insight will select what they deem, in their sole discretion, to be the 2018 Safety Icons. The 2018 Safety Icons and the individuals who nominated them will be notified by email by January 31, 2018. After that date, the names of the 2018 Safety Icons will be available upon written request to DEKRA Insight c/o Events Team, 1000 Town Center Drive, Suite 600, Oxnard, CA 93036. Safety in Action Icons and their nominees are responsible for making arrangements for any travel at their own expense (including obtaining visas, if required) if they choose to attend the 2018 Safety in Action® conference.
5. Promotional Release. The nominators will own the copyright in their respective entries. Except where prohibited by law, by submitting a nomination the nominator grants DEKRA Insight a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and irrevocable license and right to publicize, broadcast, display, copy, modify, adapt and/or otherwise use the contents of the nomination, your name, country, biographical material, likeness, and photograph in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. Selected 2018 Safety Icon(s) may be required to sign a publicity release form similar to the one described in this paragraph.
7. General. Participant agrees to be bound by these rules and all decisions of DEKRA Insight, whose decisions will be final. In addition, participant represents, warrants, and undertakes that all information contained in his or her nomination submission is true and accurate and his or her original work. DEKRA Insight shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected entries, or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failure. All participants release DEKRA Insight, those working on their behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in the Safety Icon program.
8. Sponsor. Behavioral Science Technology, Inc., a DEKRA Insight company.