Last modified: October 20, 2016
We at DEKRA Insight1 respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.DEKRA-Insight.com or www.SafetyInAction.com or any other website maintained by the DEKRA Insight family of companies (our "Website"). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- from e-mail, text, other electronic messages we send you, electronic messages between you and our Website; and electronic messages you send us through social media; and
- through offline activities and communications.
This does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
Transfer of Data outside the European Union
The information we collect from our users residing in the European Union (EU) may be transferred and stored outside the EU (including in the United States) and may also be processed by people operating outside the EU. By using our website, you authorize the transfer and processing of your personal information outside the EU for the purposes described in this policy
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, job title, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information"); an
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and your usage details
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From subsidiaries or affiliates of our parent company, DEKRA SE.
- From third parties, for example, companies from whom we may purchase data
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive materials from our Website, subscribing to our mailing list, requesting further services, or completing surveys through our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie automatically collected information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To contact you about our services, and the services of our family of affiliated companies, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of any legal entity within DEKRA Insight, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DEKRA Insight about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use an "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website or an email communication from us, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DEKRA Insight, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to emails that we send to you or at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1000 Town Center Drive, Suite 600
Oxnard, CA 93036
Attn: Legal Department
Or by email at: email@example.com
1DEKRA Insight is the corporate identity of the following legal entities committed to advancing the cause of safety at work: Behavioral Science Technology, Inc., Behavioural Science Technology International, Chilworth Technology, Inc., Chilworth Technology Ltd., Regulatory Consultants, Inc.; DEKRA Insight Australia Pty Ltd., Optimus Seventh Generation Ltd, BST Consultants Pte Ltd., Safety Consulting Engineers, Inc., BST France SARL, Chilworth Amalthea S.L., Chilworth France SAS, Chilworth Technology Pvt Ltd.