What is the Safety in Action cancellation policy?
Registrations cancelled on or before February 28, 2019 will be fully refunded.
Registrations cancelled on or after March 1, 2019 will not be eligible for refunds.
I can no longer attend. Can my registration be transferred to another person?
Registrations are transferable to another individual. Please submit name changes to email@example.com by March 29, 2019. After March 29, any name changes to registrations must be completed at the registration/check-in desk at the conference.
Who from my organization should attend the conference?
The Safety in Action Conference provides a remarkable range of process and role-focused content to address the issues that uniquely affect every organizational level.
- Senior executives with ownership of worker safety
- Senior safety professionals responsible for the entirety of safety programs
- Plant and site-level safety managers with team safety oversight
- Front-line teams, managers, and supervisors challenged with removing exposures to injury
- Behavior-based safety process leaders and teams seeking performance improvement
- Workplace safety stakeholders interested in new knowledge and team development
What can I do to get the most out of my conference experience?
- Ensure that your team members, leaders, and other organizational safety holders “Save the Date” on their calendars (April 3-5, 2019). Additional Pre-Conference Seminars start on Mon, April 1.
- Compile a list of returning attendees and identify new associates who will gain value in attending. (Tip: Partner with other departments, shifts, and teams to take advantage of great group discounts.)
- Tell your leadership team how important it is that they and as many of your team members as possible also attend. The team bonding and development that takes place is unmatched.
- Take advantage of the Early Payment discount: register by December 31, 2018.
- Register for a pre-conference development seminar to take advantage of extended, focused learning opportunities for skills development and higher safety functioning.
- First-time attendees are encouraged to attend one of the orientation sessions offered before the conference.
What is the recommended attire for the conference?
The Safety in Action does not have an official dress code, though many conference participants dress in business casual attire. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Attire for the Leadership Summit is business casual. Business suits are acceptable but not necessary; most attendees choose not to wear neckties.
Are guests allowed to attend?
Guests and spouses are only allowed to attend Safety in Action if they purchase the full conference pass. These conference passes may be purchased by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or purchasing a pass at the conference registration desk on the day of check-in.
Do I need to pre-register for the breakout sessions?
You do not need to sign up for the 60-minute and 90-minute breakout sessions held on Thursday and Friday, but seating is first come, first served. We recommend that you arrive at least 10 minutes in advance in order to secure your spot.
Which meals are provided during the conference?
The Safety in Action conference pass includes a buffet-style breakfast and refreshment breaks on Thursday, April 4, and Friday, April 5 and lunch on both Thursday and Friday.
Attendees who register for a Pre-conference Development Seminar or the Leadership Summit will receive breakfast and lunch on the day of their session.
Will copies of the conference presentations be available?
Yes, shortly after the conference an e-mail will be sent to conference attendees containing information on how to view and download conference presentations. You will also be able to download presentations you attend during the conference
Are CEU credits available?
Not at this time, but you can request a letter confirming your attendance by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.